Veterans who have earned eligibility for benefits through active military service, selective reserve or National Guard, may be certified to receive them through the Financial Aid Office or County Veteran Services Office.
ALL STUDENTS USING VETERAN BENEFITS MUST COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING FORM EVERY SEMESTER THEY WISH TO USE BENEFITS .
Students using Federal VA Benefits, please note the following:
- Only program required courses which have not been successfully completed for graduation purposes can be certified.
- Short term and/or accelerated classes could have a significant impact on your Veteran Benefits.
- Students are responsible for notifying the Veteran Certifying Official of any changes in enrollment.
- Changes in enrollment can have an impact on veteran benefits
Students using the WI GI Bill must have an application submitted to NTC and the Wisconsin Department of Veteran Affairs (WDVA) by the 14th day of the term they wish to use their benefits to be considered.
Students using Veteran Benefits follow the same Satisfactory Academic Progress guidelines and processes as Financial Aid students. The Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal form for Veteran Benefits is here:
State and federal benefits include:
- Montgomery G.I. Bill
- Dependents Education Assistance
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Selective Reserve
- WI GI Bill
- Veterans Education Reimbursement Grant
- National Guard Reimbursement Grant
Most NTC programs are approved for benefits from state or federal programs. Contact the Veteran's Certifying Official at 715.675.3331 for more information.
Veterans Retraining Assistant Program (VRAP)
Enrollment Verification through W.A.V.E.
Federal GI Bill Benefits
National Guard Application
VetEd Reimbursement Grant (Submitted to the college for enrollment verification at the end of each semester)
Veterans Frequently Asked Questions - WI GI Bill (PDF)
Veterans of Wisconsin Education Portal
WI Department of Veterans Affairs
WI GI Bill Brochure and Application Process (PDF)
Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant Application (PDF)
Veterans Career Fair
2012 Year of the Veteran Career and Benefit Fairs
List of County Veterans Service Officers
- Future Students